The report has a comprehensive analysis of technologies that includes details of innovations in food & nutrition. Various competitors’ key players and associated technologies regarding food nutrition enhancement.
An extensive analysis of technologies is done to fetch information on
- Technologies in Inclusion of natural substitutes, Preservatives & Flavors
- Sugar Reduction/Sugar substitutes for Food
- Inclusion of Various bioactive components
- Improving methods like the use of fermentation, fortification
- Replacing traditional cooking oils with new healthier options
- Adding nutrients(Vitamins/Minerals) to the products
- Using Sustainable Packaging & Preservation Methods
Technologies Enhancing Nutritional Value
- Reduced sugar content: The said composition comprises monosaccharide component, disaccharide component, dietary fibre, edible oil, vanilla powder, emulsifier and fruit/vegetable juice. The specific ratios of ingredients lower up to 75% sugar content and maintain the regular taste and candy texture.
- Natural colorant: The use of beetroot extract and powder positively affected the sensory appearance, colour, flavour and overall acceptance of sausages. Further, beetroot extract and powder could be used as alternatives to carmine in sausage production. Also, beetroot extract and powder show the most potential as alternatives to carmine. It not only maintains colour development but also inhibits lipid oxidation of beef sausages.
- Using sunflower oil and shea butter for filling chocolate product: A composition that is free of palm oil in which Sunflower oil and shea butter make 50% by weight of the fat fraction for chocolate filling. It also discloses the method of making the chocolate product in which chocolate filling is extruded and chocolate covering is provided.
- Improving wheat bran using fermentation: The method to improve the antioxidant and nutritional properties of wheat bran. A dominant strain, Enterococcus faecalis M2, was screened from lactic acid bacteria (LAB) isolated from various foods. Following solid-state fermentation, the soluble dietary fibre content of wheat bran nearly quadrupled compared to the raw material. Further, the antioxidant capacity bitcoin tumbler and free radical scavenging rate were significantly improved. Henceforth, this could be an effective method for biological modification of wheat bran, which further enhances the health benefit and utilization of bran.
- A slowly digestible oligosaccharide composition used to increase shelf life of food products: This reference discloses an oligosaccharide composition that is digestion resistant. The composition can be produced by the saccharification of starch, membrane filtering the composition to form a monosaccharide-rich stream and an oligosaccharide-rich stream, and recovering the oligosaccharide-rich stream.
This composition can be used in food products as a tenderizer or texturizer, to increase crispness or snap, to improve eye appeal, and/or to improve the rheology of dough, batter, or other food compositions. The syrup can also be used in food products as a humectant, to increase product shelf life, and/or to produce a softer, moister texture.
There is no denying the fact that businesses that adopt innovative methodologies reach new heights in the business. Product innovation aids in the expansion of business by opening up novel market opportunities. Some of the most innovative products in the area of food and nutrition are as follows:
SensaSalt™- BASED IN MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN : SensaSalt™ is a collection of yeast extract-based flavour enhancers. Developed for a wide range of savory categories. It naturally enhances the flavour while reducing sodium content by up to 50%—to make your final product healthier and more appealing.
TruClear™ – BASED IN US : TruClear™ blocks bitterness with our all-natural technology. Traditional bitter blockers attempt to trick the taste bud response by masking one flavour with another. TruClear™ is being successfully used with caffeine, sports drinks, MCT, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, alternative sweeteners, Stevia, spirits, dressings, and dips in most delivery forms including gummies, drinks, chewable, and tinctures.
Innovations by Universities & Companies
In this section of the food and nutrition report innovations are discussed. After post comprehensive analysis of publicly and commercially available information, we came across the following finest innovative solutions.
- ZENO NUTRITION, US : Zeno nutrition, a startup based in San Francisco, United States launched energy bars through the use of the revolutionary sweetener allulose and a resistant dextrin binder made from organic tapioca. The bars are vegan, gluten-free and rich in fiber. The company has a mission to help spread the health benefits of a plant-based, low-carb lifestyle. Zenobar is founded by two diabetic cofounders.
- LA TROBE UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA: Researchers at La Trobe University, Australia have recently got funding from the Australian Research Council for their project that is focused to determine the molecular mechanisms that control the processes involved in the biosynthesis and regulation of mixed linkage glucan, a major soluble dietary fibre in the cell walls of cereal grains.
Each year Signicent provides consultancy to hundreds of organizations to help transform their innovations to value.
Food and Nutrition Report in this section sheds light on the companies working extensively in the field of Food & Nutrition
- Glanbia (Ireland) has leading market positions in sports nutrition, cheese, dairy ingredients, specialty non-dairy ingredients and vitamin and mineral premises.
- Novozymes Animal Health & Nutrition works with partners to deliver enzymatic and probiotic feed solutions that support the business with healthier animals and more efficient production.
- Perfect Day makes milk protein that is nutritionally identical to protein from cow’s milk but made using flora fermentation instead of animals thus, working with food and dairy companies to deliver high-quality protein and products that are delicious, nourishing, sustainable, and humane.
Collaborations & Mergers
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc (IFF)- producer of flavours, fragrances, and cosmetic actives, which is marketed globally, & DuPont’s Nutrition & Biosciences (“N&B”) provides innovative and sustainable solutions across food, health, pharma and biotech industries, completed their €40.7bn merger yesterday (February 1st) and revealed a modernized identity for the new industry giant
Englewood Cliffs, N.J. – Unilever announced the signing of an agreement to acquire SmartyPants Vitamins, a U.S.‐based Vitamin, Mineral & Supplement company to provide a range of sustainably sourced bio‐available nutrients
Programs for Food & Nutrition
- Virta (US), is the first clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes without medications or surgery
- Noom (Ukraine). It’s fully-mobile programs prevent/manage/reverse chronic and pre-chronic conditions such as obesity, diabetes and hypertension.
- Zipongo (US), empowers people to make better decisions about what to eat—at home, at work, and on the go. Our digital nutrition platform includes tools that make it easier to select, purchase, and prepare healthy foods.
Key Players in Animal Nutrition
Experts of Signicent in this section of the Food and Nutrition Report share information on the key players working in animal nutrition.
Cargill offers best-in-class feed additives to support animal health and performance. Whether it’s a complete feed, premixes, base mixes, concentrates or additives, the brand offers products and services that deliver the right solutions.
Alltechhelps to improve the health and performance of people, animals and plants through nutrition and scientific innovation.
Novozymes Animal Health & Nutrition works with partners to deliver enzymatic and probiotic feed solutions that support the business with healthier animals and more efficient production
CPF produces livestock feed in the forms of concentrate, powder and pellets for chickens, cows, swine, and ducks.
Startups for Food & Nutrition
- Impossible Foods (USA), founded in 2011, develops a new generation of meats and cheeses made entirely from plants.
- Hooked (Sweden), produces plant-based seafood products rich in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Mushlabs (Germany), founded in 2018, uses fermentation to create sustainable foods from the roots of mushrooms as a meat alternative.
- Legendairy Foods (Germany), founded in 2019, uses microbial fermentation for proteins such as casein and whey protein.
- Electric Vehicles: Driving Global Change on Eco-Friendly Wheels
- Revitalizing Silicon: The Path to Recovery and Revalorization
- Exploring Cable Protection Systems for Modern Infrastructure
- Innovative Applications of Nano Conductive Metallic Inks in Modern Electronics
- Advancements in Superabsorbent Materials: Innovation and Sustainability