The report discusses innovations in aqua drinks. It will talk about technology research, market research and the competitive aspect of aqua drinks. A comprehensive analysis of technologies is done to fetch information on
- Details of innovations and emerging technologies in aqua drinks.
- Information on academic institutes working on the advancement of the technology.
- Various competitors, key players and associated technologies will also be provided.
- Sustainable packaging solutions and the future trends of aqua drinks.
In this section of the aqua drink report, the experts of Signicent share insights on market forces impacting the technology along with innovative applications of aqua drinks. The competitive perspective, the sustainability aspect and the innovations in the aqua drinks are driving the market.
Packaged drinking water is water from any source, which has been treated and disinfected, a process that could involve filtration, UV, ozone treatment, reverse osmosis (RO) and then packaged in bottles or pouches, either plastic or glass, for consumption.
The global bottled water market size was valued at USD 217.66 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.1% from 2021 to 2028.
U.S. market is the largest bottled water consumer market. The amount of bottled water purchased every week in the U.S. alone could circle the globe five times. Bottled water is almost 2,000 times more energy-intensive to produce than tap water. Aquafina, Dasani, and Nestlé are the top 3 Water Bottle companies.
In this section of the aqua drinks report the innovation trends for producing quality water have been discussed. Insufficiency of strontium in the human body is linked with a lot of dental problems and affects the body negatively. Strontium-rich mineral water was manufactured to overcome the rising need of making water sufficient in strontium. Strontium-rich mineral water was prepared with distilled water, which is a by-product obtained from the process of preparing salt from brine.
Method of making distilled water:
- Aeration pre-treatment was carried out on the brine solution to obtain pre-treated distilled water.
- Sand filtration treatment was performed on the pre-treated distilled water and further treated with Ion exchange treatment followed by activated carbon adsorption treatment.
- Membrane filtration treatment was performed on distilled water obtained by the treatment mentioned above.
- Finally, the obtained distilled water was sterilized and disinfected to obtain the drinking strontium-inch mineral water.
Drinking strontium-rich mineral water had the formulation of 2-100 mg/L of sodium ions, 0.4-1.5 mg/L of strontium ions, and 0.5-20 mg/L of calcium ions. Strontium is related to the function and structure of blood vessels, therefore it can effectively prevent hypertension and cardiovascular diseases. Hence, it can be concluded that the above problem was successfully addressed.
Generation of Clean Drinking Water
In this section of the aqua drink report, the generation of clean drinking water using solar energy is touched upon. Highly efficient solar thermal generation of clean water using vertically aligned graphene sheets membrane (VA-GSM). Water pollution has become a major problem for human beings due to the modernization of the industries at a rapid pace.
Vertically Aligned Graphene Sheets Membrane (VA-GSM) has been designed which helps in the production of clean water from seawater, wastewater & concentrated alkali solutions.
- Preparation of Graphene oxide (GO) suspension from natural graphite powder by modified hummers method.
- The GO sheets had lateral dimensions of 30−50 μm.
- GO was mixed with ethanol and then transferred into a PTFE mould which was placed on the surface of liquid nitrogen. VA-GSM was procured by freeze-drying and annealing at 200 °C for 1 h and then treated at 1000 °C for 2 h under a nitrogen atmosphere.
- For the comparison, reduced graphene oxide (rGO) samples of different concentrations were prepared using the same conditions.
- Furthermore, stimulated pollutant water, concentrated acid (dense H2SO4) and alkali solutions (NaOH) with different heavy metal ions of Cr3+, Pb2+, Zn2+, Ni2+, and Cu2+ were prepared.
Each year Signicent provides consultancy to hundreds of organizations to help transform their innovations to value.
Market analysis & Segmentation
In this section of the aqua drink report, the market trends and market analysis have been discussed. The global bottled water market size was valued at USD 217.66 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.1% from 2021 to 2028.
Rising consumer consciousness towards the health benefits increases the consumption of bottled water. However, increased demand and strict regular guidelines are roadblocks.
There has been a thriving requirement for plain and flavoured varieties of still and sparkling water. But pandemic crises affect companies due to less consumption and supply chain challenges.
LaCroix released a trio of new flavours. The zero-calorie, zero-sugar sparkling waters feature natural essences to deliver the fruit flavours. A fun way to shake up the monotony of flatwater without introducing a ton of sugar or other questionable ingredients into your diet.
Evocus H20, is bottled black alkaline water with completely natural electrolytes and minerals that help detoxify your body. These minerals that exist naturally in the depths of the earth are extracted and refined. Alkaline water offers several health benefits: it is easily absorbed, improves the functioning of the circulatory system, is rich in minerals and prevents the growth of free radicals in the body.
Spindrift Sparkling Water is more refreshing and flavorful than water from sparkling water. Unsweetened, no added sugar, gluten-free, non-GMO, Kosher, never from concentrate. Lightly carbonated, slightly pulpy and with a fuller flavour than regular sparkling water, carbonated water and seltzer water. Made with real squeezed fruit from family farms.
ICPURE is India’s first company to manufacture and market Alkaline Water Ionizers in CSIR – IICT (Council of Scientific Industrial Research). ICPURE Water is a revolution in the Drinking Water Industry as this machine produces 5 types of water with different pH levels along with Anti-Oxidant and Micro-Clustering properties.
The CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (CSIR-IICT) is one of the oldest National Laboratories under the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR). It is internationally recognized for its contributions to chemistry research and is an ideal place for taking ideas to commercialization through state of the art research and development
In 2022, ICPURE created India’s first alkaline water ionizer in collaboration with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research’s Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (CSIR-IICT), which comes under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. Further, CSIR has certified that ICPURE’s alkaline ionized water is an immunity booster, which helps in the prevention of various infections and diseases.
Uravu Labs was founded in the year 2019 with headquarters in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. This new start-up has devised a novel prototype for manufacturing water from air using 100% renewable energy. They have developed a working prototype that could produce five litres of water per day in a completely sustainable manner. The quality of the water produced by Uravu AWGs fits the parameters set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the World Health Organization (WHO). It has also been approved for drinking usage by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
Uravu AWG is a thermal and desiccant-based system that makes use of absorption and desorption processes to convert ambient air into drinking water, priced at Rs 5 per litre. During the adsorption process, the air is passed over a desiccant core made of silica gel, which has a very high affinity for water vapour. The desorption process also lasts for another three hours, during which solar heat is used to release the vapour back. The moisture can then be condensed into completely renewable drinking water.
4 Life Solutions was founded in the year 2017 with headquarters in Europe. Danish start-up provides safe & affordable drinking water for low-income communities. SaWa, the start-up’s product, is a bag that holds up to 4 litres of water and uses ultraviolet (UV) rays and heat from the sun to kill microorganisms in water. After being exposed to the sun for 4 hours, the water is safe to drink. This solution is significantly cheaper than using charcoal and reduces carbon emissions as well.
- Green/ Blue Hydrogen Report: What innovations will drive the market?
- Protein Snacks Report: Are innovations able to boost the market?
- Computer Vision in Healthcare Report: How AI has driven innovation in cell & tissue therapies?
- Transmission and Teleprotection Report: How does innovation bring transition in the market?
- Oral Care Report: How emerging innovations are shaping the market?