The objective of the herbal cosmetics report is to conduct a technological intelligence on “herbs in the cosmetics industry”. The report includes challenges, recent innovations, and trends, open innovation, and market dynamics.
Cosmetics products are mostly used to amplify the natural appearance of the skin and its texture. These cosmetic products are known to cause harm. Therefore today herbal cosmetics are fuelling up the market. Herbal cosmetics foundation is laid on natural ingredients derived from natural sources. It is evident that their demand is increasing because they pose no threat and harm.
- Skin aging happens over the years and there are several formulations that are used to slow down this process. Skin aging happens due to extrinsic as well as intrinsic factors. The products that were earlier used to improve the visual appearance of skin showed side effects like skin irritation. Also, the skin took a long time to recover.
- Chronological aging and photoaging effects skin’s elasticity and atrophy, wrinkling with vascular changes respectively. The challenge is that the antioxidants present in anti-aging creams get oxidized and lose their anti-oxidant capacity.
- The traditional cosmetic composition comprises menthol or menthol derivative for cooling effect to prevent heat damage to the skin.
- A regular lipstick is mostly made by suspending colored pigments in a base of petroleum-derived emollients such as paraffin oils, waxes along with texturizing agents such as silicones, and other form-imparting fillers.
- Topical skin compositions comprising plant extracts to treat pigmented skin. Pigmented skin is best treated with natural herbs and plants. Apple cider vinegar, Vitamin C, and Aloe vera are a few examples.
- Topical formulations comprise macqui berry or macqui berry extract as a stabilized source of antioxidants with a stabilizer. Also, some of the plants such as Azadiracta indica, Panax ginseng, Glycyrrhiza glabra, genistein, ellagic acids, quercetin are used as they have flavonoids and triterpenoids have antioxidant properties.
- The cosmetic composition comprises silk powder and plant extract for a cooling effect. It is found that silk powder along with extracts of passionflower and bamboo can be used to treat rising skin aging and issues because of heat. The heat is adjusted by using this formulation and it works well against UV rays too.
- Just Herbs’ herb enriched ayurvedic lipsticks are infused with Vata pacifying herbs such as Indian Kudzu, Shatavari, Bhrami, Guduchi, Yashtimadhu, Bala, and Manjishtha in a base of Ghee and sesame oil that help carry the nutritive benefits of the herbs to the innermost layers of the skin.
The herbal cosmetics report shares information on innovative products. These products are completely made from natural herbs and plants.
Just Herbs has a herb-enriched mattifying & hydrating compact powder. This compact is prepared from corn-derived starch, rice, sesame, mulethi, and all other ingredients that are natural.
Soultree Lipstick Wild Honey Enriched with the goodness of Organic Ghee and Almond Oil. It keeps your lips soft, smooth & hydrated. Gives your lips a vibrant dash of color with this lipstick that beautifies and nourishes at the same time.
Sitara strobelighter serum is a high-performance rose gold strobelighter serum. This lightweight, velvety crème highlighter performs like natural skincare, gliding on and melding into the skin effortlessly for a sun-kissed, radiant glow. Preservative-free and formulated with wild harvest, supercritical and certified organic oils, macerated Ayurvedic botanicals, and natural minerals.
Each year Signicent provides consultancy to hundreds of organizations to help transform their innovations to value.
Anthocyanin Sunscreen Lipsticks
Health hazards caused by the percutaneous absorption or accidental oral administration of inedible dyes is a challenge present in lipstick for preventing UV exposure.
To overcome the above-mentioned health hazards, cellulose nanocrystals and organic colored pigments containing anthocyanins are integrated as reinforcement matrices for enhancing the SPF of lipsticks.
Results show that anthocyanin sunscreen lipsticks with cellulose nanocrystals (CNC) exhibited 10 times more SPF value than anthocyanin (AN) alone. Furthermore, lipstick possesses competitive benefits such as pleasing texture, superior adhesion, impermeable, no phototoxicity, ease of application, and removal. CNC-AN products had higher UV absorption efficiency.
The pH of lipstick was optimum between 5 and 5.5. The CNC-AN lipstick had a granular sensation. The lipstick was smudge-proof and showed excellent water resistance. The lipstick could be cleaned easily.
Collaborations In Herbal Cosmetics & Herbal Food
Herbal Cosmetic was founded in 1987 and is located in the USA. It was founded by Joseph Shamah and Scott Vincent Borba. The products include bath and skin-care products, mineral-based makeup, professional tools, eyeliners, lipstick, glosses, blushes, bronzers, brushes, and mascara, among others.
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., was founded in 1987 based in the USA. It is often known simply as Chipotle. It is an American chain of fast-casual restaurants in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, and France, specializing in tacos and Mission burritos that are made to order in front of the customer.
Cosmetics and Chipotle have collaborated on march 10, 2021 to launch the limited edition e.l.f. x Chipotle collection. e.l.f’s commitment to cruelty-free and vegan products unite with Chipotle’s mission to cultivate a better world through responsibly-raised food to inspire the makeup collection.
Key Companies Working in Herbal Cosmetics
This section of the herbal cosmetics report will take you through the insights about the giants specifically working in herbal cosmetics.
- Lotus Herbals Limited
- Weleda AG
- Surya Brasil Organic Beauty Products
- Himalaya Herbals
- Khadi Naturals
- Forest Essentials